“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
― John Muir
Five common facts about Pines
1. The pine is a modern English name derived from the Latin word pinus. Before the 19th century, pines were often referred to as firs.
2. Pines are long-lived and typically reach ages of 100–1,000 years, some even more.
3. The longest-lived Pine tree is the Great Basin bristlecone pine, Pinus longaeva.
4. Pine trees are evergreen, coniferous resinous trees.
5. Pines are often featured in art, painting and fine art, drawing, photography, or folk art.
Thank you for reading.